The Nauticos Eustace Earhart Expedition Education Module is designed to prepare and engage remote education participants actively in the “Search for Amelia Earhart’s Electra E-10 Plane” guided by the expertise of the Nauticos and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution teams.
Conducting the activities in this module, remote participants will:
- Plot the flight path of Amelia’s last flight using primary source radio messages from her and Fred Noonan documented by LAE Airport, Nauru Island and Itasca Coast Guard radio operators;
- Explain why the REMUS 6000 is a good tool to use to search for the Electra in Deep Water;
- Analyze real REMUS mission side-scan sonar data, distinguishing ocean geology, bottom and man-made objects.
- Identify the unique features of Amelia’s Electra that assist the Nauticos team confirm a target of interest as Amelia’s customized Electra;
- Be able to contact Nauticos Expedition Team to ask questions through skype or email.
Jump to Module
Amelia’s Last Flight
REMUS 6000 AUV
Side Scan Sonar Target Data Analysis
Amelia’s Customized Electra 10E
Browse All Videos
Browse All Images
Contact the Team
EMAIL THE EXPEDITION TEAM
Email Sallie Smith any questions you have for the Eustace Earhart Discovery “Search for Amelia” expedition team at sea.
SCHEDULE A SKYPE AUDIO SESSION
Email Sallie Smith to schedule a Skype Session with your group. Make sure to include your name, location, requested data and time.